Quick and simple veggie burgers recipe made with fresh veggies. The roasted veggies are mashed and turned into a patties for the veggie burger.
I have been very very lazy this week!
And it is evident in my blog! I have posted only one recipe in the last nine days. That is very sad.
Finally, I got around to making this yummy veggie burgers recipe.
It was totally worth the wait.
I love creating a veggie burger using all fresh veggies. It gives the burger a nice “meaty” texture. This recipe has eggplants in it.
I think it is a very creative way to use eggplants. Once roasted, they will blend perfectly into patties.
This veggie burgers works great when grilled. Grilling the patties of this veggie burgers brings out all the natural flavors.
The other option is fry the burger which is what I did. I didn’t have access to a BBQ grill. Frying it may be unhealthy, but, the taste is so good.
The first thing I did was to grill the vegetables. In my case, I used my oven to roast the vegetables. However, you can wrap the vegetables in foil, including the peas and roast them on your grill. That will bring out the rosemary and oregano
Make hamburger recipes for your meat eaters and make this vegetarian recipe for us.
This burger is perfect for any grilling season. If you are having a BBQ on labor day to celebrate the end of summer, this burger is a good way to do so.
Serve this veggie burgers at your next bbq party and your vegetarian and vegan guests will thank you.
If you don’t have an outdoor grill, use an (Affiliate Link) oven safe grill which does a wonderful job.
I have also made a falafal burger recipe that is beyond delicious. Check it out and tell me which one veggie burger recipe you like.
Veggie Burgers Recipe
- 5 potatoes I used small red potatoes
- 3 baby eggplants
- 2 yellow squash I used the small sized ones
- 1 zucchini
- ½ cup peas
- ½ cup corn
- 1 cup yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp whole peppercorns
- 2½ tsps salt
- 2 Thai Chillies optional
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tsp extra virgin oil For roasting the vegetables
- Sunflower oil for frying the patties
- Burger buns or slider buns for the burgers
- 1 cup almond milk place in a wide bowl
- Breadcrumbs to coat the veggie burgers with
For Topping The Burgers
- Onions to top the burger
- Roma tomatoes to top the burger
- Pepper Jack Cheese Optional
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roughly chop up all the eggplants, potatoes, squash and tomatoes
- Toast the buns or slider buns for the burgers and set aside
- In a baking dish place all the veggies
- Add the olive oil to the baking dish
- Add all the salt, pepper, dried herbs & spices and mix well
- Place in the baking dish in the oven and roast for 25 minutes
- Remove the veggies from the oven when they pass the knife test
- Using a potato masher, mash all the veggies.
- Make small patties out of the mashed veggies.
- Dip the patties in the almond milk and then coat with the breadcrumbs
- Add the Sunflower oil to a frying pan and set it to medium heat
- Wait for the oil to heat up and then, fry the patties.
- Fry the patties on both sides and rest on a paper towel
- Dab the patties with paper towel to suck off any of the extra oil
- Assemble the burger by placing the patties on the bun and put the toppings
- Top with the jalapeno pepper jack cheese and close with the top bun
- If you want to melt the cheese, place the assembled burger in the oven for 2 minutes