White lemonade is made from coconut milk. It is perfect for summer seasons and this will make you want to have your own white lemonade stand.
Continuing with the theme of Red, White and Blue Lemonade, here is the second recipe in the series
I have affectionately called it, “The White Lemonade!”
What makes this lemonade white? It is coconut milk!
Coconut milk, unlike regular milk, will not curdle with the addition of lemon juice. So, sit by the pool with one of these in your hand!
I got an inspiration for this recipe after seeing the Bazillion version of White Lemonade.
My recipe doesn’t include any alcohol and is kid friendly.
There is a slight resemblance to Pina Colada in this white lemonade. However, when it comes to taste, it is in a class of its own.
I tried it with the chili ice cubes and I couldn’t believe how great the combination tasted. Now, I am going to try putting these ice cubes in almost every drink recipe that I can think of.
Summertime in Florida means that all the recipes have to be counteract the extreme heat. Yesterday, I had a recipe that had chocolate covered ice cubes!! There is a recipe I would love to post some day.
Coconut milk is not just for Thai food anymore. I have used coconut milk in Italian recipes like my Spicy Coconut Lime Sauce.
This was so much fun to make and drink. However, I think this can be enjoyed year round, so don’t be surprised if I am sipping this in the middle of October.
What is your favorite coconut milk recipe?
How to make White Lemonade
- In a medium pan, add water and sugar and heat at medium heat, until all the sugar has melted.
- Juice both the lemons and limes.
- Strain the lemon and lime juice to make sure that there are no seeds or pulp
- Bring together the lemon and lime juice, coconut milk and sugar-water combination
- Taste and adjust sugar as needed
- Optional step: Pour the whole mixture into a blender, add some ice and blend at low speed