Tomato Tart with Zucchini Parmesan Soup
Quick Zucchini Parmesan Soup for when it gets cold outside
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 6 servings
For the Zucchini Parmesan Soup
- 2 cups leeks sliced in half, cleaned & chopped
- 4 cups zucchini chopped
- 3 cups Yukon Gold potatoes chopped
- 2 cup button mushrooms stems removed & quartered
- 3/4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Chop and Clean Vegetables. See Notes for tips
Slice the zucchini in half and then into one inch pieces.
Peel the potatoes and chop into one inch pieces also.
Remove the stems from the mushrooms and quarter them.
In a large stock pot over medium heat, add the butter & olive oil.
Add in all of the vegetables
Season with salt, pepper & red pepper flakes.
Sauté the veggies, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes or until they just begin to soften.
Add in about 3 cups of vegetable stock (just enough to cover the vegetables)
Increase the heat to medium high and bring to a boil.
When the potatoes are fork tender, turn off the heat
Blend and puree the mixture either in a blender or use a submersion blender
Add in the Parmesan cheese and stir until it is melted.
Transfer to soup bowls and serve immediately
Nutrition Info is approximate
* Tip on how to clean leeks - Remove the dark green leaves from the top of the leeks, slice in half and run them under cold water to remove the dirt between the layers