So, it is Friday and I am already in the mood for Sunday Brunch. This kiwi orange spritzer mocktail is a big reason why I am in a brunch mood.
Can you belief how easy this recipe is to make?
It took me only 5 minutes to make and I made it with 4 very simple ingredients. I used fresh kiwi fruit, frozen orange juice, sugar and Lemon-lime flavored carbonated soda. All this was in my fridge and pantry anyway, so, I didn’t have to make an extra trip to the supermarket.
Using frozen orange juice means I didn’t have to add ice. However, if you don’t have frozen orange juice, use regular juice and add ice. Blend it in a smoothie blender and use that for the drink. As for the kiwi, I like pulp in my kiwi orange spritzer. However, if you are not a fan of pulp, I suggest you strain the kiwi pulp and use the juice.
So, I will be making this for my Sunday brunch along with my mushroom bruschetta. What is on your brunch menu this Sunday?
Kiwi Orange Spritzer Recipe
1) Peel one kiwi and cut it into chunks
2) Mash the kiwi as finely as you can
3) In a regular glass or champagne glass, place the kiwi at the bottom. I split it into 2 equal parts and put it into 2 glasses. If you don’t like chunks of kiwi in the drink, strain the kiwi and squeeze out as much of the juice from the pulp as possible. Split the kiwi juice into 2 equal parts and add it to the glasses
4) Place 1/4 cup of frozen orange juice on top of the kiwi in each cup
5) Add 1 tsp of granulated sugar in each cup
6) Top it with your favorite lemon and lime carbonated beverage
7) Mix well with a spoon until the orange juice has dissolved with the drink
8) Serve immediately