Lima Beans in a Light Tomato Gravy Drizzled over Grilled Polenta. It is the Perfect Dunner or Side recipe and its All Vegan. A good Source of Proteins for Vegans
This is the first time I have used lima beans on this blog. I don’t know why it took me so long to bring you a recipe because I am a huge fan of it.
For vegans, they are a good source of protein. If you are a vegan, you know how much of a struggle it is to find good protein recipes.
The Lima beans are lightly toasted to make the crispy and then, I top it with a tomato and garlic gravy. As usual, I went with too much garlic because why not, right??
Garlic really brings out tomatoes flavors like they did in my homemade pizza sauce recipe. Garlic and tomatoes are so perfect together and I make sure I keep them together in most of my recipes
I love grilling polenta because you can clearly see the grill marks. They make the recipe feel like summer grilling season is in the air.
Just look at how pretty these polenta rounds look after grilling!
I used Calphon Square grill with I recently discovered! Where has it been my whole life??? It is so perfect for grilling and I cannot wait to show you more recipes!
Recently, I grilled some watermelon on it and, WOW!! I mean just look at how perfect the watermelons turned out!
This grilled Polenta recipe is perfect for any meal. It works as a side dish, a main course meal, and even as a brunch recipe. You can actually make the polenta even smaller and make them finger foods.
Do you want to make your own polenta? You won’t believe how easy they are to make and they taste so good.
Lima Beans Gravy Over Grilled Polenta
- 8 rounds Polenta Store bought or my recipe
- 2 tsp Vegan Butter melted
For the Lima Beans
For the Light Gravy
- 2 plum tomatoes roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- ⅛ tsp ginger crushed
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp water
- In a non stick pan, add the coconut oil and heat on medium heat for 30 seconds
- Add the frozen Lima beans and cook for about 7-10 minutes
- While the Lima beans are cooking, blend all the ingredients for the gravy until it’s liquid and set aside
- When the Lima beans start to brown, add the tomato mixture
- Turn the heat to low and let it simmer for 15-20
- Set the calphalon grill on the stove top and heat on medium for 1 minute
- Baste each side of the polenta rounds and place on the grill
- For best results, grill 4 at a time and use tweezer tongs
- Grill each side for 3 minutes or until you see the grill marks
- Remove and set them on the serving dish
- When the lima beans crush easily with a spoon, turn off heat
- Drizzle over the grilled polenta and serve