Easy Babybel strudel recipe that works as a snack or a dessert. Needs only 4 ingredients to make and ready in 30 minutes.
This post is sponsored by Bel Brands USA & Mini Babybel® Cheese, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
How do you eat your Babybel cheese?
I like to peel mine then pop the whole thing into my mouth!
As I savor the cheesy goodness, I find myself feeling uplifted by its delicious, slightly salty flavor.
This time, I decided to put these Babybels into a recipe that is both delicious and spooky!
Tips for making strudel
– Thaw the pastry for about 1 hour at room temperature before using it
– Lightly roll out the pastry dough. Don’t make it too thin
– Set your oven to 350° or 375°. Don’t set it higher than that temperature
– Use almond milk or hazelnut milk to baste the strudel. It will make the outside crispier
– After 16 minutes in the oven, turn of the oven. Do not remove the baking tray for another 8 minutes. This will make sure that strudel continues to bake without the cheese oozing out
What ingredients to use
Babybel Cheese contain 100% real cheese. They use real milk in their cheese making them a good source of calcium and protein.
They also use vegetarian rennet in their cheese making process. Since they don’t use any artificial growth hormones*, their cheese is vegetarian friendly. How cool is that!?
*Quick disclaimer – No significant difference has been shown between milk derived from rBTS – Treated and non-rBST treated cows
Other ingredients to add
I went with cherry pie filling, but, you can use any fruit filling or just use fresh fruit. I tried it with green apples and agave syrup. It was so delicious!
– Peach pie filling
– Apple pie filling
– Dark chocolate
– Green apples
– maple syrup
– Fresh fruits
– Peanut butter
– You can even go the savory route by using my homemade pizza sauce
What’s your favorite filling for this Babybel strudel recipe?
Best cheese for snack time
I have always loved eating Babybel with apples. They make for a fun snack and its one way to get me to eat an apple.
Serving it with pretzels or any type of trail mix recipe is also a fun way to serve them. I like how the pretzel’s crunch compliments the creamy texture of Babybel cheese
When I was at target, I also noticed that they also sell babybel with crackers. I tried their cheese crackers with mini Babybel which turned out to be a great snack idea.
Its not just fruits and pretzels that babybel can be paired. I have served them with veggies like carrots, celery and broccoli.
Or, serve with olives or banana peppers too.
The possibilities are endless when it comes to using Babybel as a snack. There are so many possible combos that I know I will never get bored of eating them.
I think the kids will love these babybel strudel as a fun snack.
Limited edition Babybel Halloween Packaging
This time, I decided to put into a recipe that is both delicious and spooky!
Babybel has come out with a limited time Halloween packaging of their cheese. Their original flavored cheese has new cellos with different icons of Halloween.
I think the Dracula one is my favorite. Which one is your favorite?
– Frankenstein’s Monster
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry
- 1/2 cup Cherry Pie Filling
- 4 Babybel Cheese
- 1/4 cup Almond milk
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Cut the pastry sheet into 9 equal pieces
- Place one piece of puff pastry on a flat surface
- Add about 2 Tbsp of cherry pie filling to the center
- Place one Babybel Cheese on top of the cherry pie filling
- Cover with one piece of puff pastry
- Seal the edges by pressing a fork on it
- Make 3 diagonal shallow cuts on top of the strudel
- Baste generously with almond milk
- Repeat with the remaining Puff Pastry pieces
- Place the strudel on a lightly oiled tray
- Place the strudel in the oven and bake it for about 12 minutes (until browned)
- Turn off the heat, but, do not remove the strudel from the oven
- Let it sit in the oven for about 8 minutes
- Remove it and serve