A very light, simple and easy to make Homemade dressing. This Lemon Vinaigrette recipe takes only 5 minutes to prepare. Use it on salads or pasta
There are only five ingredients required to make this delicious lemon vinaigrette! Five ingredients, five minutes of your time and you have this light, simple, healthy, easy and delicious salad dressing.
Amazing, right? I can feel you nodding your head in agreement
I like homemade dressings because I can control the oil and salt levels. In my opinion, heavy dressings defeat the purpose of a healthy salad.
Homemade dressings often pop up in my blog. They are a favorite to make and post, mainly because they are so easy.
My personal favorite has always been my orange dressing. The combination of oranges and star anise is a pleasure to all five senses. It tastes so great of a spinach salad.
This strawberry balsamic vinagrette is also a fan favorite and its a great way to use summer strawberries.
If you have a few extra minutes, roast the garlic in the toaster oven. Rub a couple drops of oil on them and roast for about 5-7 minutes. Then, crush the garlic and add it to the other ingredients.
Personally, I like to make this overnight and serve the following day. I find that it tastes much better the next day after lemons and mustard have had a chance to get to know each other.
Lemony salad dressings are so versatile that they go with any dish. I find that it tastes delicious on salad dressings or even pasta recipes. This time, I am making the vinaigrette for a pasta dish filled with veggies.
What is your favorite homemade dressing?
How To Make Lemon Vinaigrette
1) In a bowl, add a 1/4 cup of extra virgin oil
2) Add 1/4 cup of lemon juice (freshly squeezed is better). Lime juice will work just as great
3) Add 1 tsp of honey dijon mustard
4) Add 2 cloves of garlic, crushed. If you have time to roast the garlic, do so. Rub about 2 drops of oil on the garlic and place it in the toaster oven at about 250 degrees. Roast for 5-7 minutes (until it turns golden brown). Then, chop it up into tiny pieces and add it to the dressing.
5) Add 1/8 tsp of dried basil.
6) Add 1/4 tsp of salt. This is optional.
7) Add 1/4 tsp of freshly ground pepper (optional)
8) Using a whisk, mix the ingredients together. Or, place it in a glass bottle with a tight lid and shake vigorously.
Refrigerate it overnight, if possible or serve this lemon vinaigrette immediately.
Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients
- Using a whisk, mix the ingredients together
- You can serve it immediately or Refrigerate it for 30 minutes to overnight, if possible