Eggplant chips are one of my favorite snacks, especially when it is made with many different spices.
I love making chips of all types at home because I can control the salt level. Making potato chips at home was a normal tradition in our home when we were growing up.
I graduated to other veggies, like Kale chips. Today, I bring you the eggplant chips made with Mediterranean flavors.
Personally, I like my eggplant chips slightly on the burnt side. When served with a salsa recipe (coming soon), it is the perfect comfort food.
It is so easy to make because it takes only a few ingredients. Plus, it takes less than 30 minutes to make. This makes sure I don’t have any excuse to eat junk food.
I had eggplant left over after my eggplant curry recipe, so, turning it into chips was the perfect way to use it up.
I wonder how turnip chips would taste. It will be my next experiment. What is your favorite veggie chip flavor?
How To Make Eggplant Chips
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Assemble the dry spices (1/2 tsp of basil, parsley, oregano, crushed pepper, salt and 1/4 tsp of rosemary)
2) In a bowl add 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil and the dry spices
3) Take about 1/2 of a large eggplant and cut thin slices. Place them in the bowl with the oil and dry spices. I made about 14 slices from 1/2 of an eggplant
4) Coat the eggplant chips with the oil and spices. Arrange them on a baking tray.
5) Place the tray in the oven. When you see the top browning, you can flip the eggplant chips. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until the chips are evenly browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Serve with ketchup or one of my salsa recipes.