Quick and easy homemade Strawberry Focaccia which is really easy to make in the oven. Use fresh Florida Strawberries for the best taste
This post is sponsored by Florida Strawberry in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
There is nothing quite like Florida Strawberries! They have a the perfect juicy flavor and a smooth texture that no other strawberry can match.
I can always tell a Florida strawberry with just one bite because it is taste perfection! For this strawberry focaccia recipe, I just find that Florida Strawberries are the perfect match!
I am willing to bet that the Florida sun is a huge contributor our delicious strawberry flavor. Sun-ripened strawberries make for the juiciest strawberries ever!
The nutrition value of Florida strawberries legendary! Just 8 strawberries have more vitamin C than one orange. They don’t have cholesterol and they are fat free.
I can eat one whole bowl of it and not feel an ounce of guilt! That bowl of strawberries is going to help me fight cancer and heart disease, too. I like having strawberries in my corner.
I love what Florida strawberry is doing for its readers. You can get this rad cap from them for free and enter to win a free Florida trip! Seriously! How awesome is it to win a free trip to the sunshine state??
You can read all about how to win this trip by going to their site.
Did you know that Florida strawberries are available fresh from the months of November through April every year! 3 of my local stores always have it in stock during those months.
In fact, demand is so high for these strawberries, that I have seen them restocking it many times during the day. Their popularity is known far and wide.
If your local grocer doesn’t carry them, talk to the store manager. They are always happy to carry delicious Florida strawberries.
You know I just have to follow them on all their social media accounts. My favorite is their Facebook page because they always have fun posts on it. I love pinning their recipes from their pinterest page, read interesting facts in 140 characters on their twitter account, watch their videos on youtube, interact with them on Instagram Account and view their collection on Google+
Go to their youtube channel and watch all their videos. What is your favorite strawberry recipe?
So, what to do with this strawberry focaccia bread?
1) Use it as a dipping bread in my Greek Dipping Oil recipe! Trust me, the strawberry and all the spices makes for a great flavor party in your mouth.
2) Make a bell pepper sandwich that is perfect for a quick lunch!
3) Make a cheese sandwich like my mozzarella cheese sandwich using this strawberry focaccia bread. I haven’t tried it personally, but, I think it will taste amazing. Mozzarella and strawberries always make a great combination.
Strawberry Focaccia Recipe
To Marinate The Strawberries
- 5 pieces Strawberries thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a small bowl, add active dry yeast (fast acting), sugar and warm water.
- Mix with a plastic spoon and set it aside for 15 minutes until starts bubbling
- While waiting for the yeast, sieve the flour in a bowl
- Add salt and half of the dried spices. Mix well
- Make a well in the flour and add the yeast water a little at a time
- Mix the dough completely and then knead it for 10 minutes, until smooth.
- The dough should be a little sticky. Rub oil around the dough ball and place it in glass or ceramic bowl
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set it aside
- As the dough rises, punch it down. I punched it down about 2 times in a span of an hour
- After both punch times, knead the dough again and form a ball and cover again
- In a separate bowl, add the remaining oil and spices. Mix well
- Lightly oil a baking tray and place the dough
- Using your finger tips, stretch the dough into the shape of the tray
- Baste the top of the dough with the oil mixture
- Place the baking tray in the oven
- After you put the tray in the oven, prepare the strawberries
- In a bowl, add strawberries and pure maple syrup, set aside
- After the focaccia has been in the oven for 25 minutes, baste the focaccia one more time
- Line the top of the bread with strawberries
- Bake for about 20 more minutes or until the focaccia passes the knife test
- Remove from the oven and let it cool before serving
- Balsamic & Brown Sugar Strawberry Canapés by My Sweet Zepol
- Fresh Mozzarella Strawberry Flatbread by Family Foodie
- Strawberry Avocado Crostini by Beauty and the Beets
- Strawberry Mango Salsa with Whole Wheat Cinnamon Chips by Meghan On The Move
- Feta and Strawberry Tabouleh Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Strawberry Caprese Salad with Balsamic and Mint by Authentically Candace
- Strawberry Panzanella Salad by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Pan-Seared Sea Bass with Butternut Squash and Strawberry Sauce by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Pork Chops with Balsamic-Strawberry Sauce by Life Tastes Good
- Strawberry Balsamic Grilled Chicken by Katie’s Cucina
- The Strawberry Pesto Chicken by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Salad with Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette by Family Around The Table
- Lightened-Up Strawberry Mille-Feuille by Girl Abroad
- Roasted Strawberry Pavlova with Lemon Cream by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberries Romanoff by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Strawberry Buttermilk Cake by Cricket’s Confections
- Strawberry Pound Cake Kabobs With Chocolate Drizzle by My Sweet Savings
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.