Potato Stack is a simple side dish made with Idaho potatoes, milk, Parmesan cheese and Thyme. Added nutritional yeast and flax seed meal to add more texture and flavor.
This post is sponsored by Florida Dairy Farmers in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
How do you like your potatoes?
I like mine stacked sky high and oozing with all kinds of comfort-y goodness!
My potato stack has to have crusted cheese on top and the aroma of fresh thyme floating out of it.
The not-so-secret ingredient in this recipe?
I went with whole milk in this recipe because it really brings out the flavors of the potatoes and makes them soft. They practically melt in your mouth which is exactly how I like my potatoes
I am sure you like you potatoes in the same way.
There is no ordinary milk in these potato stacks! Only the best milk will do!
Yes, I am talking about Florida Milk produced by the very fine folks at Florida Dairy Farmers. Everything they do is about respecting the power of Milk. When I see their dedication and hard work, it makes me appreciate every drop of milk I drink.
So, I am going to throw some amazing numbers here. Since you are a stats nerd like me, you too will be mesmerized by the numbers.
Top 4 stats about Florida Milk.
- Florida has over 100 dairy farm families who are part of the Milk producing process. They produce fresh, high quality milk that eventually ends up in my fridge.
- Do you know how many dairy cows are in Florida? There are over 120,000 cows in Florida. That’s a lot of cows. I am a city gal, so, when I moved to Florida, what surprised me most was seeing cows everywhere. Every time I see a cow, I have to take a picture. Here is a pic I took 2 years ago when I encountered a cow at 10pm. It is my favorite cow moment.
- These dairy cows have been know to produce over 270 million gallons of fresh milk every year. If we stack 1 gallons of milk, it would be one enormous skyscraper! Think of all the potato stacks we can make with that much milk!
- Here is my favorite stat. Florida Milk has 133 recipes and counting. These are all milk recipes that range from breakfast to dinner and everything in between. My goal is to make a veggie burgers using milk. I can already imagine how juicy and smooth it will be. Aren’t you so glad that milk can do so much more than be a cereal ingredient?
Last year, I made a creamy polenta recipe using Florida Milk and it was smoooothy goodness. What recipe are you going to try using Florida milk?
Potato Stack is a simple side dish made with Idaho potatoes, milk, Parmesan cheese and Thyme. Add nutritional yeast and flax seed meal for texture + flavor
- 2 Cups Milk
- 3 Idaho Potatoes
- 1/4 tsp black pepper crushed
- 3 sprigs Thyme
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese Shredded
- 1/2 tsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Flax Seed Meal
- 1 tsp butter room tempreture, to line the Muffin Pan
Preheat oven to 400°
Using a small piece of paper towel, spread butter on the inside of the muffin holes
In a blender, add all the ingredients except the potatoes, butter and oil
Blend well and set aside
Using a Mandoline, cut thin rounds of the potatoes
Place them in a bowl and add the milk mixture
Use a wooden spoon to mix all the ingredients together
Stack the potatoes inside the muffin tray
Pour the milk mixture over the potatoes in the muffin tray
Loosely cover the top of the muffin tray with aluminum foil
Bake for 40 minutes and remove the foil cover
(Optional) Baste the top with melted butter
Top with freshly grated Parmesan and place in the oven
Bake again for another 20-25 minutes uncovered
Remove and let it cool for about 5 minutes
Using a spoon, gently remove each stack and plate it
Remove from the oven when the top of the potato stack is brown
Sunday Supper Recipes Using Milk
Milk Recipes for Breakfast
- Crustless Spinach Quiche with Cheddar Cheese by Recipes Food & Cooking
- Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl by Love & Confections
- Easy Baked Grits with Sausage Gravy by Sunday Supper Movement
- Fresh Fruit-Topped Mini Pancakes by Girl Abroad
Milk Recipes for Lunch
- Creamy Chicken Pot Pie Soup by Life Tastes Good
- Creamy Spinach and Cauliflower Rice by Family Foodie
- Savory Caprese Oatmeal Bowl by Go Epicurista
- Vegetarian Croque Monsieur by Helpful Homemade
Milk Recipes for Dinner
- Gouda Grits with Creamy Asparagus and Crab Sauce by Soulfully Made
- Milk Poached Chicken with Pesto by Cricket’s Confections
- Triple Cheddar Chicken Pasta by Authentically Candace
Milk Recipes for Dessert
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Flour On My Face
- Coconut Flan by Desserts Required
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Popsicles by Casa de Crews
- Mini Boston Cream Cakes by The Crumby Cupcake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.