If You Love Whole Food’s Sweet Kale Salad, You Can Make it at Home. This is a Healthy Salad That Takes Only 15 min to Put Together. Includes Healthy Nuts
When I find myself at Whole Foods, I make a beeline for their fresh salad section!
I always look for their kale salad and when they have it, I am jump with joy!
When it comes to Whole Foods’ salads, they can do nothing wrong!
I am not one for copy cat recipes, but, I am obsessed with their sweet kale salad to the point that I was compelled to reverse engineer it.
You guys love salad recipes, especially my kale salad with peaches and coconut. So, I figured that this recipe is something you can appreciate.
Remember my oven-baked apple chips that I made last week? They are the perfect ingredient for this recipe. If you can make the apple chips yourself, that would be good. But, the store bought ones are not bad either. Choose the best method for you.
I did take a one major liberty with this recipe. Instead of shredding the kale, I went with baby kale that is easier to manage, but, just as delicious.
The best part of this recipe are all the wonderful, healthy nuts. I put sunflower seeds, walnuts and sliced almond. This is a great way for me to get my nuts!
What restaurant salad are you obsessed with that you would like to me to reverse engineer?
Whole Foods’ Sweet Kale Salad
Make the salad dressing
1) In a mixing bowl, add 3 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
2) Add 2 tsp of vinegar. I used pomegranate vinegar
3) Add 2 tsp of honey. For vegan version, use agave
4) Add 1 tsp of orange juice
5) Add 1/2 tsp of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
6) Mix well. For best results, let it sit aside for 30 min. It is not required, but, it does make the salad taste better
Assemble the salad
1) Take 5 Oz of baby kale. It is usually one entire container of baby kale
2) Add 1/2 cup of Apple Chips. You can make your own using my recipe, or, purchase it from the store
3) Add 1/4 cup of red onions and 1/4 cup of carrots (both cut julienne style)
4) Add about 2 Tbsp of dried cranberries
5) Add 3 Tbsp of sunflower seeds and sliced almonds
6) Add 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
7) Add 3 Tbsp of crumbled feta. If you want to keep this vegan, try my vegan feta recipe.
8) Add the dressing and toss well.
9) Garnish with orange zest (optional) and serve immediately.
Make Whole Food's Sweet Kale Salad at Home. Takes only 15 minutes to Make
- In a mixing bowl, add 3 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Add 2 tsp of vinegar. I used pomegranate vinegar
- Add 2 tsp of honey. For vegan version, use agave
- Add 1 tsp of orange juice
- Add 1/2 tsp of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix well and let it marinate for 30 minutes