Cheesy Garlic Bread – These cheesy garlic breads only take 20 minutes to make. Quick and easy sides for pasta night or pizza night. Use mini French Bread for best results.
Cheesy garlic bread is a huge favorite around here. It is present on pizza nights and pasta nights. I am sure you know that pizza or pasta night doesn’t feel complete without garlic bread or cheese bread.
Sometimes I get too lazy and I just don’t feel like making a cheesy breads and garlic breads separately. On quick dinner nights, I just blend them together to turn them into one giant bread. I made it as a side to my gnocchi pasta recipe and to my complete surprise, no one complained.
There is always an inevitable fight at the end, though. There is one piece of the bread left and everyone pounces on it. People end up with scratches and bruises. There is also some name calling!
Recently, I discovered mini French Demi Mini Baguettes at my local grocery store. The texture was dense and that made a light bulb go off in my head!
Why not make individual cheesy garlic bread using these mini baguettes!
And, let me tell you that it turned out to be a delicious idea! Not to mention that there was peace at the dinner table! There was no bruises or scratches. Although, some one was called “Garlic face!”. These mini baguettes solved 2 out of 3 problems and I was happy.
I wonder what world problems can these mini baguettes solve?
Cheesy Garlic Bread
1) In a bowl, add 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (softened at room temperature), 4 cloves of finely chopped garlic, 2 tsp of dried Italian spices, 1 tsp of salt and a 1/4 tsp of crushed black pepper (optional)
2) Mix well and refrigerate for 30 minutes
3) Cut thin slices of cheese. I used pepper jack cheese because it is my favorite. I bought a block of it and then, cut pieces as needed
4) After the butter has chilled, preheat oven to 400 degrees
5) Take 3 of the French Demi Mini Baguettes and make 4 slits in each one. If you can’t find these mini baguettes, use regular baguettes by cutting them into mini baguettes
6) In each slit, spread the butter and add one slice of cheese. Take the remaining butter and microwave it for 15 seconds.
7) Place the baguettes on enough aluminum foil to wrap it. Using a basting brush, baste the top of the baguettes generously
8) Wrap them in foil and place them on a baking tray. Place the tray in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Oven temperatures may vary, so, check after 20 minutes minutes. The bread should still be soft