Frozen caramel macchiato is so easy to make. Almond milk, flax seed meal, 2 shots of espresso and dark maple syrup. Topped with whipped cream and caramel.
Summer is coming, y’all! Those long, sticky, hot and pavement scorching days are only a few days away!
If you are like me, you will need a drink that will keep you cool and blissful despite the sun’s desperate attempt to crush you with its relentless heat!
Think how awesome it would be to be sipping these macchiatos while sitting on the porch swing? It is the perfect drink for me-time, especially after a day of staring at your monitors, phone screens and other gadgets!
The sun can be brutal if you find yourself in Florida, especially if the calendar month starts with “Ju”. Iced drinks and desserts are in huge demand by everyone around these parts.
Oh, and by everyone, I mean me!! I can’t stand the heat and humidity, so, I fight it with every cold, icy drink I can find.
What is your coffee flavor?
Frozen Caramel Macchiato
- 1 cup Dunkin Donuts Caramel Coffee Cake Coffee strongly brewed
- 1 cup Almond milk or milk of your choice
- 1 Tbsp Pure dark maple syrup
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1 tsp Flax Seed Meal
For the garnish
- Whipped cream optional
- Caramel Sauce optional
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder optional
- 1 tsp sugar optional
- 1/4 tsp sea salt optional
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar, cinnamon and salt. Set aside
- In a blender, add the coffee, almond milk, maple syrup, ice cubes and flax seed meal
- Blend on low speed until the ice is crushed
- Transfer to 2 glasses
Assemble the drink
- Top the drinks with whipped cream
- Drizzle the caramel sauce
- Top with the cinnamon sugar mixture