This is a simple recipe for vegan glazed baby carrots can be made under 30 minutes. Use Maple syrup for the glazing. It is the perfect side dish to any meal
When it comes to a Thanksgiving sides, nothing compares to the glazed baby carrots. Sure, people either roast them, stir fry carrots, steam them or even eat them raw.
However, nothing brings out their juiciness quite like glazing them using vegan butter. Glazed baby carrots, when flavored perfectly, will to go with any meal.
The traditional recipe for glazed carrots always calls for brown sugar. I decided to deviate a little from that tradition. Instead of brown sugar, I went with maple syrup and it turned out even better than I imagined. It gave the roasted carrots a slight sweetness without overpowering the carrots.
Also, the carrots were a little soft and a little crunchy which is exactly the way I like it. This is a hard combination to achieve when cooking carrots because they get too soft or they turn out to be raw. Going with vegan butter instead of oil is a huge reason why these glazed baby carrots are perfect.
These glazed baby carrots is in my hall of fame for tasty recipes. Next, I want to try it in a carrot salad with spinach or other greens.
Did you know that there is a virtual carrot museum? You learn something new everyday.
How to Make Glazed Baby Carrots Using Maple Syrup
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and dry 1 cup of baby carrots. Place them in a medium bowl
2) In a bowl, melt 2 Tbsp of earth balance butter or your favorite vegan butter.
3) Add 1/2 tsp of chopped parsley to the melted butter
4) Pour over the carrots and then add 1/4 tsp of sea salt
5) Add 1/4 tsp of crushed whole black pepper
6) Mix well and them spread them out on a baking tray
7) Place in the oven and roast them for 20 minutes or until the outside of the skin starts to wrinkle. Remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes
8) While they are cooling, Melt 2 tsp of vegan butter
9) Add 1/4 tsp of chopped parsley to the butter and add 1 tsp of maple syrup
10) Mix well. Move the carrots to bowl and drizzle with this maple syrup mixture.
Glazed Baby Carrots Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and dry baby carrots and place them in a medium bowl
- In a bowl, melt vegan butter
- Add parsley, sea salt and black pepper to the melted butter
- Pour this melted butter over the carrots
- Mix well and them spread them out on a baking tray
- Place in the oven and roast them for 20 minutes or until the outside of the skin starts to wrinkle
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes
- While they are cooling, Melt 1 tsp of vegan butter that was designated for garnish
- Add garnish parsley and maple syrup to the butter. Mix well
- Transfer the carrots to bowl and drizzle with this butter mixture
- Serve immediately.