Broccoli pasta makes for a healthy dinner idea and also has freshly roasted tomatoes with mint. Make it with any kind of pasta.
Broccoli pasta is a delicious combination, especially if you add some cayenne pepper.
In this recipe, I decided to roast both the broccoli and tomatoes because it really brings out the flavors of the 2 veggies.
Roasting them brought out their rich flavors and also preserved their nutrition. Also, I love the aroma of fresh vegetables roasting in the oven. The combination of mint, balsamic and vegetables roasting is very intoxicating.
I used bow-tie pasta for this recipe. However, spaghetti or penne pasta will also go great with the fresh vegetables.
It doesn’t take too much effort to put this meal together. Last week, because I scheduled too many tasks, I didn’t really have time to eat right. Instead of surviving on junk food all week, I quickly put this broccoli pasta together. It was nice to get some veggies in my diet.
First, I took the broccoli florets and mix them with olive oil, cayenne pepper, dried oregano and salt. That was all I put into it.
The roasted tomatoes had a few spices in it because I love adding everything I can to them. You can choose to add more or less ingredients to it. Experiment on your own and tell me what worked for you.
I would recommend not skipping the fresh mint. It is definitely the star of this recipe. Mint is good for those with respiratory issues. It is very helpful for those who have congestion issues in the nose, lungs, bronchi and throat.
You can also easily steam broccoli in the pressure cooker. It takes less than 10 minutes to steam them in the pressure cooker. Put it in this recipe, but, I also like to eat them right when they have steamed.
Summer is just around the corner. This broccoli pasta is going to be my go-to dinner for those sweltering nights. It is also the perfect vegan dinner recipe for the whole family to enjoy any day of the week.
What is your favorite summer Pasta?
How to make Broccoli Pasta with Freshly Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
Broccoli Pasta With Roasted Tomatoes
For the Tomatoes
For the Broccoli
For the Pasta
- 2 cups bow tie pasta cooked
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Making the Tomatoes
- Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees
- Cut each cherry tomato into half at the equator
- In a medium bowl, add all the ingredients and gently mix with your hands
- Spread out the tomato mixture onto a baking dish. Make sure that the tomatoes are cut side up.
- Place the baking dish in the middle of the oven and on the bottom layer
Making the Broccoli
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the broccoli
- Place the ingredients in a baking sheet. Be sure to space out the broccoli.
- Place both the Broccoli and Tomato trays into the oven in the middle rack.
- Roast them for about 20-30 minutes
Bringing Everything Together
- In a bowl, add the cooked pasta
- Add the broccoli and tomatoes to the pasta
- Add the lemon juice
- Using two wooden spoons, mix everything together. Be gentle
- Serve Immediately