Navy Beans Salad Recipe – This navy Beans Salad is very healthy, quick salad idea. Made with Parsley & all healthy ingredients. Perfect vegan salad for the whole family to enjoy
Growing up, we always ate navy beans in a tomato gravy and then put on top of toast.
If I never ate another navy bean in my life, I would have never complained!
Growing up, we had a lot of British influence when it came to food. We used to call French fries “Chips” and potato chips were “Crisps”.
“Beans on Toast” was not appetizing at all.
When I left home, I dropped navy beans out of my diet completely.
For 20 years, I never ate it and I never missed it.
– Use can beans because it will be faster.
– Make sure you thoroughly drain the navy beans. The liquid in the can has extra salt in it
– Assemble this salad about 30 minutes before serving. Let the parsley work its magic for 30 minutes
– Use a firm tomato otherwise it will make this salad very soggy
– Cut all the ingredients smaller than the navy beans. This way, all the wonderful colors in this salad will stand out
– Salt is optional, but, I highly recommend it.
– Serve with pita chips or even inside a pita bread
It only took me 20 years to confront navy beans, but, I have finally conquered it.
With this recipe, I have made them look cool and sexy (Yes, I said SEXY!!!). Whoever said that vegan food isn’t sexy has never tried this vegan navy bean salad.
And nothing makes a meal sexy like adding my favorite tomatoes! Campari tomatoes can make every meal look deliciously sexy!
– This navy beans salad is very easy to make. It comes together in under 10 minutes and
– You can eat it all year round. Its perfect healthy lunch recipe or as a side dish.
– Put it in a pita pocket and it will be the perfect on-the-run vegan lunch!
– Its the perfect taste contrast. Sweet meets onions and parsley.
– It has a cooling effect on your stomach because of the cucumber and parsley
Want one more reason to love these navy beans? They are a good Vegan Protein source. Navy beans contain about 12% of protein and 30% when cooked. It also has tons of dietary fiber and useful minerals.
So, tell me what food repulses you and I will try to make it deliciously sexy!
- Put navy beans in a strainer
- Run them under cold tap water for 45 seconds
- Place them on a tea towel and dry them completely. Put them in a bowl
- Add the finely chopped cucumber
- Add the finely chopped red onion
- Add the cubed Campari tomatoes
- Add the crushed garlic cloves
- Add the chopped parsley
- If using salt, add it now
- Add the extra virgin olive oil
- Add the black pepper
- Add the freshly squeezed lime juice
- Add the dried cranberries
- Mix Well and Serve