This Kiwi Orange Spritzer mocktail is very easy to make. Takes only 5 minutes and four ingredients. Perfect brunch recipe for the fall. This is version 2 of the recipe
So, it is Friday and I am already in the mood for Sunday Brunch. This kiwi orange spritzer mocktail is a big reason why I am in a brunch mood.
Can you belief how easy this recipe is to make?
Click here to get Version 1 of this recipe
Tips for Making This Kiwi Orange Spritzer
- I used raw sugar in this recipe because I prefer it over regular refined sugar. This is a personal preference, but, you can choose any sugar
- Alternatively, you can go with agave or honey (for the vegetarian version)
- You can use regular orange juice in this kiwi orange spritzer, just add finely crushed ice to give it a frozen drink texture. Its optional, but, it makes the spritzer taste better
- Serve this drink right away because the fizz will, well, fizzle out and give it the mocktail a bland taste
- I used Sprite’s Lymonade for this spritzer mocktail recipe. It’s so much better than club soda, trust me.
- If you want to make it completely kid friendly, you can add apple juice instead of the sprite lymonade soda.
Why I love this spritzer
It took me only 5 minutes to make and I made it with 4 very simple ingredients. I used fresh kiwi fruit, frozen orange juice, sugar and Lemon-lime flavored carbonated soda.
All this was in my fridge and pantry anyway, so, I didn’t have to make an extra trip to the supermarket.
Using frozen orange juice means I didn’t have to add ice. However, if you don’t have frozen orange juice, use regular juice and add ice. Blend it in a smoothie blender and use that for the drink.
If you don’t like orange juice, change up this drink by using pineapple water with ice. It will taste so good and be refreshing on a very hot day.
As for the kiwi, I like pulp in my kiwi orange spritzer. However, if you are not a fan of pulp, I suggest you strain the kiwi pulp and use the juice.
You can even go the alcoholic route by adding champagne or wine spritzers. If you are a Harry Potter fan, make pumpkin juice by adding pumpkin, jam and juice.
So, I will be making this for my Sunday brunch along with my mushroom bruschetta. If you have kiwi left over, turn it into a jam. You can also make this easy strawberry refresher along with this kiwi drink. They are both perfect for a hot summer brunch!
The best part is that kids love this easy fruit drink and they get excited about kiwi. The attraction is fizz in the lemon lime soda. Want more fizzie drink recipes? Give this kiddie cocktail to kids and they will love it.
What is on your brunch menu this Sunday?
Learn more about Kiwi nutrition from wikipedia
How to make this spritzer recipe
1) Peel one kiwi and cut it into chunks
2) Mash the kiwi as finely as you can
3) In a regular glass or champagne glass, place the kiwi at the bottom. I split it into 2 equal parts and put it into 2 glasses.
Tip: If you don’t like chunks of kiwi in the drink, strain the kiwi and squeeze out as much of the juice from the pulp as possible. Split the kiwi juice into 2 equal parts and add it to the glasses
4) Place 1/4 cup of frozen orange juice on top of the kiwi in each cup
5) Add 1 tsp of granulated sugar in each cup
6) Top it with your favorite lemon and lime carbonated beverage
7) Mix well with a spoon until the orange juice has dissolved with the drink
8) Serve immediately
Scroll below the recipe card below to see version 1 of this recipe. Brace yourself because those images are AWFUL!
If you like cool, refreshing drinks, check out my list of best summer drinks that can cool you down anytime.
Kiwi Orange Spritzer (Mocktail)
For the spritzer
- 1 kiwi fruit ripe
- ½ cup orange juice frozen, split into 2 equal parts
- 2 tsp demerara cane sugar 1 tsp per cup
- 12 oz Lemon soda I used Sprite
For the Garnish (Optional)
- 1 slice orange cut into half
- 1 slice kiwi cut into half
- Peel one kiwi and cut it into chunks
- Mash the kiwi as finely as you can
- In a regular glass or champagne glass, place the kiwi at the bottom. See notes
- Place 1/4 cup of frozen orange juice on top of the kiwi in each cup
- Add 1 tsp of granulated sugar in each cup
- Top it with your favorite lemon and lime carbonated beverage
- Mix well with a spoon until the orange juice has dissolved with the drink
- Serve immediately
Version 1 of this kiwi mocktail spritzer
Originally Published on Feb 26, 2016 at 5:21pm
Those are the worst images, ever! There is no perspective, they are fuzzy and they don’t reflect the beauty of this fabulous drink!
From time to time, I will go through old recipes to update the content. Sometimes, I update just the images and sometimes, I give the recipe a complete makeover
In this case, only the images got a makeover. The entire recipe remains exactly the same. Why mess with a classic, am I right??
What do you think of the new images and of the recipe? I am always keen to hear from you, so, make your opinions known below.