Banana Salsa is a Quick Mexican Salsa Recipe Made with Caribbean flare. It is a Spicy Salsa Recipe that will Bring Amazing Flavors to any Chip!
I bet you are tired of having the usual tomato and mango salsa, right?
Sure, there is nothing like a fresh tomato salsa recipe, but, it tends to get boring. Its ok to nod, if you agree.
So, today, I bring to you a fusion type of quick salsa recipe.
It is a Mexican salsa recipe infused with Caribbean flavors
The bananas and coconut ingredients in this quick salsa recipe are inspired by the St. Lucia islands favorite fish dish.
I know it sounds strange that I am talking about a fish dish on my vegetarian blog. However, the salsa is the best part of that meal.
Ignoring the fish part of that dish, I created a homemade salsa recipe that will be a hit at your dinner party
Salsa recipes work perfect as a dip for your game day parties.
In the past, I have toasted tofu and added it to this recipe. It was heavenly.
You know what I should try next?
Add the roasted tofu to this salsa and then serve it in pita with falafal.
That sounds so delicious, I think I am making my self very hungry just thinking about it.
Regular garlic is so boring.The one thing to note about this recipe is that roasting the garlic will really bring out the flavors in the salsa.
I think all of you are very creative and would come up with a great use for this salsa. What is your creative idea for using this salsa?
How to make the Banana Salsa Recipe
- 2 Bananas medium ripe
- 2 Plum tomatoes small
- 1/2 cucumber skinned and cubed
- 1/4 cup red onions finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs cilantro finely chopped
- 2 tsp brown sugar adjust for taste
- 3 tsp coconut flakes sweetened
- 1/2 habanero peppers optional, finely chopped
- 2 tsp peanuts optional, coarsely chopped
- Place the lime juice in a medium bowl
- Peel bananas and cut them in circular shapes directly into the lime juice
- Stir the bananas and lime juice immediately to prevent them from browning
- Add the brown sugar and mix well
- Add cucumber to the bowl, mix well and set aside
- On a stove top, take a medium pan and heat it on low for about 1 minute
- Add the garlic and roast lightly for about 30 seconds
- Add the roasted garlic in the bowl with the bananas
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix very well.
- Do a taste test and adjust for taste