This is an easy way to make vegan feta cheese at home. Now, vegan food can be made even more delicious with this quick and simple feta recipe. Perfect for meatless recipes & vegetarian recipes.
I have a huge love of feta cheese
Who doesn’t, right?
The only thing standing between me and being full-time vegan is…..
I have been meaning to post this how-to recipe for homemade vegan feta cheese, but, I kept changing and experimenting with different ingredients.
My ultimate goal was to get the perfect blend of sour and spice.
Now, I think I have finally found the right ingredients. The main ingredient I have added was spicy peppers. I went with Thai chili and habanero. It may sound like it will be a very spicy feta cheese but it really wasn’t. The peppers added just the perfect amount of spice, so, don’t be afraid of the peppers.
The base of this vegan feta cheese is extra firm tofu. The tofu is very close in consistency with feta cheese, so, it is perfect ingredient.
I have tried making vegan cheese before like this vegan buffalo mozzarella recipe and it came out pretty good. My next experiment is going to make a vegan pepper jack cheese.
This feta cheese goes great in meatless recipes, that is given. However, I would love to know how it will taste in non-meatless recipes.
How To Make Vegan Feta Cheese
Homemade Vegan Feta Cheese
- Use tofu press to squeeze the liquid out of it.
- If you don't have a tofu block, place a paper napkin on a plate and place the tofu block on it.
- Place another napkin on top and place a chopping board on it. Add some something heavy on it to weigh it down and set aside
- Place both peppers in a bowl.
- Add the lime juice
- Add the apple cider vinegar, parsley, sea salt, black pepper, dried oregano, water and garlic powder
- Mix well and set aside for 30 minutes
- Cut the squeezed tofu into cubes and place them in the bowl
- Shake the bowl to cover the tofu with the liquid. I try not to touch the tofu much because it will crumble before it has time to marinate.
- Let the tofu marinate for at least 2 hours before using it