Veggie loaded potato rounds with melted cheese. Perfect for Memorial Day and July 4th recipes. Made with fresh vegetables. Serve at game day parties
I love going to parties where the host has gone out of their way to include a vegetarian menu item. Those are my favorite types of hosts.
Last year, I came across a host who had about ten items on the table for vegetarians and vegans. I told her that hers was, hands down, the best BBQ party I have been too.
Believe me, it is not hard to please a vegetarian because we will eat everything that is not made from an animal.
See how simple we make it to please us?
Today’s recipe is all about pleasing the vegetarians and the meat lovers alike.
P/S: check out my 5 tips to bake the perfect sweet potato recipe.
These potato rounds are loaded with all kinds of vegetables because it is more fun this way.
Corn is my favorite part of this recipe. I love how delicious it tastes on potato rounds
If you are feeling more adventurous, top them with a really nice hot sauce or sriracha.
The potato rounds work great as finger foods or even appetizers. It is also a fun way to get children to eat their veggies. I don’t know of any kid who loves to eat an eggplant, but, they devour this potato rounds.
I made a huge batch of these potato rounds but only managed to photograph a few of them. Most of them were gobbled up by me and friends who happened to have invited themselves over.
That is what I get for telling people my recipe ideas before hand.
What is your favorite recipe to make for memorial day weekend?
Cheesy Veggie Smothered Potato Rounds
Cheesy Potato Rounds With Fresh Veggies
- 3 red potatoes medium to large sized
- 1 cup broccoli florets cut really small
- 1/4 cup carrots finely cut
- 1/4 cup sweet corn
- 1/4 cup eggplants finely cut
- 1/2 red bell pepper finely cut
- 1 tsp garlic freshly grated
- 1/4 cup avocado finely cut
- 1/4 cup red onions finely chopped
- 1/2 cup almond milk for dipping
- 1 tsp flax seed meal
- 2 Tbsp Jalapeno finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Baking the potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly
- Wrap the potatoes in foil
- Pierce the foil with a fork in 5 different areas
- Bake the potato for about 10 minutes. They should be undercooked
Cooking the vegetables
- While the potato is baking, prepare the vegetables
- In a stir fry pan, add the olive oil and heat for about 30 seconds
- Add the garlic and saute it for 20 seconds on medium heat
- Add all the veggies except the avocado and red onions
- Add the oregano, salt and black pepper
- Fry them for about 10 minutes
- Remove from heat and set aside
Preparing the almond milk
- In a mixing bowl, add the almond milk
- Add the flax seed meal
- Use a whisk and mix well. Whisk until frothy
- Set aside
Bringing together the Potato Rounds
- When the potatoes have cooled down, remove the foil
- Cut the potatoes into 1/2" thick rounds. Leave the potato skins on
- Spray a baking tray with vegetable spray
- Dip the potato round in the almond milk mixture
- Spread out the potato rounds
- Top the potatoes with stir fried veggies
- Add the avocado and red onions
- Top with the shredded cheese
- Place the baking tray in the oven
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until all the cheese is melted