This easy vegan cranberry sauce is made with fresh cranberries, mangoes, pineapple, ginger powder and cinnamon. Made from scratch and bursting with flavor
I love cranberry sauce, so, I wanted to make a really good vegan version of it
Adding mangoes to it was an afterthought, but, it paid off in a huge way!
Adding mangoes and pineapple added texture and sweet to it without being too sweet. The added spice to this recipe was the perfect offset to the sweet taste.
I add Mangoes and Pineapple to give the Cranberry Sauce an exotic flavor. Believe me, the mangoes are the essence of this recipe. It gives the recipe a great balance.
It takes away some of the bitterness of the cranberries and the sweetness of the sugar water.
Ginger is the perfect holiday ingredient, isn’t it? I like how it adds a nice to spice to all holiday recipes.
This is a recipe about an awesome spicy vegan mango and cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving dinner. I made this last year and the Cranberry sauce was sucked up in two minutes flat!
From then on, I always make more of it. This time, I hope it will sucked up in five minutes flat. 🙂
Adding a little ginger spice to it, makes the taste lovingly linger longggg after Black Friday.
If you have leftover cranberries, freeze them overnight and turn them into a delicious cranberry pie filling the next day.
Here is a post I made for all my favorite vegan Thanksgiving recipes
What’s your favorite vegan Thanksgiving recipe
Vegan Cranberry Sauce
Spicy Vegan Mango and Cranberry Sauce for Thanksgiving
- In a medium pan, place water and sugar.
- Boil the water until the sugar has melted
- Add the remaining ingredients to this water and sugar mixture
- Allow to boil at medium heat for about 20 minutes
- Make sure most of the water has evaporated, leaving a semi-thick consistency
- If you used Ginger Root instead of the powder, find it and remove it before serving
- Remove from heat and let it sit for a few minutes to thicken