A Simple Pear Tart with Gorgonzola Cheese is the Perfect Holiday Dessert or Christmas Brunch Recipe. I Used Juicy Red Anjou Pears and Green Bartlett Pears to Provide The Red and Green Holiday Colors. Blue Gorgonzola Adds a Delicious Tart Flavor and its Ready in Less than 30 Minutes
“This post is sponsored by Salemville®, but, all content and opinions are mine”
Don’t you just love desserts during the holidays?
Its is one of the times where you can sit with family and friends while you devour the sweetest desserts. Its the best time to enjoy desserts and not feel guilty about loving every morsel!
In my family, the main course meals are always wolfed down quickly. For desserts, however, we slow down our forks and spoons. Desserts are, after all, meant to be enjoyed!
In the past, desserts typically include pies, cakes and cupcakes. This year, though, I thought I would try something a little different.
Pears are always unpopular in my home because of the texture. Its rough texture makes them undesirable. Sometimes, I have had to hide them in smoothies just to get people to eat them.
This time, I put them front and center! In this tart, they were perfectly cooked and everyone savored each spoonfull
The pears are baked to perfection using basil butter and brown sugar. I added a few pistachios for an added crunch. But the hero of this recipe is the cheese!
More specifically, its the Salemville® Gorgonzola Cheese which is a delightfully strong cheese that pairs perfect with the candied pears and puff pastry.
I love this tart recipe with apples too. I put apples that are left over from my apple pie trifle.
What’s your favorite way to slow down and enjoy the holidays?
Pear Tart With Gorgonzola Cheese
- 1 Red Anjou Pear
- 1 Bartlett Pear
- 2/3 cup Basil Butter See Note #1
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar or Coconut Palm Sugar
- 3 tsp Salemville Gorgonzola Cheese
- 1/4 cup Pistachios Raw and Unsalted
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry See Note #2
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Slice the pears thin and lengthwise
- Melt the basil butter and add the brown sugar. Mix well
- Roll out the Puff Pastry sheet
- Using the tart pan (see note #3), cut out the shape of the tart.
- Roll out the cut out shape a little more and place them inside the tart pan
- Shape the puff pastry in the shape of the tart pan
- Using a knife, make shallow cuts in the bottom of the pastry
- Butter only the bottom of the tart and not the raised edges
- Arrange the pears in a circular pattern. Use the 2 pear types alternatively
- Top with about 1 Tbsp of the Butter and Sugar mixture
- Add the Gorgonzola on the top. I used about 1 tsp per tart
- Finally, add the pistachios on top (About 1Tbsp per tart)
- Place in the oven and cook for about 15 minutes
- Remove and serve (See Note #4)