Roasted Potatoes with Cilantro Pesto is a very quick side dish for any recipe. Takes only 30 minutes to make and serve it with Pasta or eat it for lunch (Version 2)
Have you tried Cilantro pesto and potatoes?
There is something very comforting about eating roasted potatoes but it is even better with cilantro pesto
The starch has something to do with it. Personally, I just love the hearty taste of potatoes. My favorite is the red potato, but, I am an equal opportunity devourer of potatoes.
Sweet potato recipes make regular appearances on this blog. Loaded sweet potato recipe was so delicious.
Also, my sweet potato curry recipe has become a favorite in my household.
So, it was time for a change. Today, I used the red potato, skin and all.
The key to this recipe, I found, was to keep the skin on. It made the potatoes crispier.
Is there any truth to potatoes being healthy when eaten with their skin, I wonder? If anyone knows the answer to that, please enlighten me.
Today’s recipe is a quick meal idea for a side dish or even a quick lunch. Put it inside a pita pocket and eat it right at your desk.
The roasted potato recipe takes only 20 minutes to make. The pesto takes about 10-15 minutes to make.
I have tried this recipe with sweet potatoes and it tasted good too, but, I prefer it with the red potatoes.
Who can say no to potatoes in any flavor, right?
How to Make Roasted Potatoes with Cilantro Pesto
Roasted Potatoes with Pesto
For the Cilantro Pesto
For the Potatoes
- 3 red potatoes Medium sized
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
To Make the Cilantro Pesto
- In a medium pan, roast the sunflower seeds for about 1min until evenly brown
- Wash the cilantro thoroughly then put into a food processor
- Add the roasted sunflower seeds
- Fill the processor with the remaining ingredients
- Process on medium speed until everything is well blended.
To make the Roasted Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly
- Cut the potatoes into cubes. Do not peel the skin
- In a baking pan, add the potatoes and oil
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are browned
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and set aside
- Let it cool for about 2 minutes
- Add about a 1/4 cup of the Cilantro Pesto and refrigerate the rest
- Serve Immediately