This is a simple and quick flatbread recipe. Takes only 15 minutes to make. Top with Sweet peppers to add a crunch and sweetness to it.
Here was my thought process for this post. To create a flatbread recipe, I could go the “bake it from scratch” route.
This would mean making the dough, kneading it till my knuckles were blue and then rolling it out.
The last time I made dough, it was for a pie crust. The crust came out great but my kitchen didn’t fair so well. I was finding flour in the strangest places in the kitchen for days after that.
This time, I decided to take
the lazy way a more sensible path to making flatbread.
When I was at my grocery store, I noticed some very-convenient naans. They weren’t frozen, so, it was going to be very easy to work with.
I topped it with some freshly grated pepper jack cheese and mini sweet peppers.
This flatbread recipe is perfect with minimum ingredients, because I am about to top it with some other ingredients in the next recipe.
Meatless Monday is my favorite vegetarian success story. It is an initiative of The Monday Campaigns and the best part is that it is a non-profit campaign. They started in 2003 and has grown into one of the largest movements in the world. If you love a true success story, then you will be pleasantly surprised by the work they have done.
What is your favorite way to make flatbreads?
A Flatbread Recipe for Meatless Monday
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2) Assemble all the ingredients. Use naan that is not frozen. For the Basil Pesto, use store bought or try this Basil Pesto Recipe
3) Spread a generous amount of basil pesto on the flatbread
4) Top with grated pepper jack cheese. Be generous with this too.
5) Finally, top with the mini sweet peppers
6) Place the flatbread into the oven
7) Let the flatbread bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the cheese starts to bubble
Remove and serve by itself or top with it this spring salad recipe.
Flatbread Recipe For Meatless Monday
- Take regular flatbread that is not frozen. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Assemble all the ingredients. You can use store bought basil pesto
- Top the flatbread with the pesto. Be generous with it.
- Top with grated pepper jack cheese. Be generous with this too.
- Finally, top with the mini sweet peppers
- Place the flatbread into the oven
- Let the flatbread bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the cheese starts to bubble
- Remove and serve by itself or top with it your favorite pizza ingredients
- Nuts of your choosing