Asparagus Wonton Fries – This post is sponsored by REVOL. All opinions expressed here are my own.
Do you think this recipe qualifies as a vegan version of “Pigs in a blanket”? I would like to think so!!
I haven’t been a huge fan of asparagus until recently. A while back, I made my Veggie pita sandwich and that is when I got hooked on asparagus. Recently, I also used it in my Polenta recipe and it has now found its way into my diet.
The wontons act as a blanket in this recipe. It is a nice, snugly, comforting blanket on a rainy day. I bet the asparagus appreciate that comforting feeling.
Before wrapping the asparagus with the wontons, I spread a thin layer of my Mango Sriracha Spread. This added a delicious sweet and spicy flavor to the fries. It makes them the perfect vegan snack.
For this recipe, I used Revol’s Basalt rectangular appetizer plate. Not only is it soooo pretty to look at, it is also very sturdy and holds the heat. So, these asparagus didn’t get cold and limp while awaiting to be devoured.
I served dipping sauces with these asparagus wonton fries in these white round ramekin. They are so perfect for dipping. Since they are oven friendly, I just heated my avocado wasabi sauce in them. A quick 30 seconds in the oven was all they needed. I don’t know how I have lived without them until now. I am using them to warm up everything I can, including butter, coconut oil, peas, hummus etc.
What is your favorite way to use asparagus?
Asparagus Wonton Fries
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2) Place the asparagus in a baking tray. Brush the asparagus lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle a little salt and a little dried parsley on the asparagus
3) Place the tray in the oven and bake for about 7 minutes.
4) While the asparagus is roasting, take 15 wonton wrappers and spread them out.
5) Spread a thin layer of the mango sriracha sauce on the wontons wrappers and set aside
6) When the asparagus are ready, remove them from the oven and let them cook to the touch. Set the oven to 350 degrees
7) Wrap the asparagus in the wontons and place them in the oven.
8) Bake the asparagus for about 5 minutes and then remove from the oven.
Allow the asparagus wonton fries to cool for a few minutes before serving.