Angel Hair Pomodoro Made with fresh campari tomatoes. It is a very quick and easy one-pot summer weeknight recipe. Made in under 30 minutes
Tomatoes and pasta together!
That brings together 2 of my favorite foods in the world!
Best part is that it’s vegan, one-pot pasta recipe made with fresh tomatoes on the vine!
Tips for making this pomodoro
- Use fresh tomatoes on the vine instead of canned tomatoes. They make a whole lot of difference in the taste
- Get fresh garlic for this recipe because it is going to add more flavor than garlic powder
- I always use a stainless steel pan for making this pomodoro because it’s much easier to clean and also cooks evenly
- If you can’t find angel hair pasta, use regular spaghetti or even linguine noodles.
What you will need to make this pasta
- Fine pasta like angel hair pasta
- Tomatoes on the vine, AKA campari tomatoes
- Fresh Garlic
- Fresh Basil
- Oregano (Fresh or dried, optional)
- Lime juice (Fresh, optional)
Best tomatoes for pasta pomodoro
- Tomatoes on the vine (AKA Campari Tomatoes)
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Sungold tomatoes
- Fahrenheit Blues Tomato (hard to find, but, would be perfect for pomodoro)
Basically, any small tomato that you can cook whole would be perfect in this vegan pasta recipe.
You have over 7,500 varieties at your feet!
So, celebrate tomatoes and Sunday supper with your family today! They both need to be loved!
Try my roasted tomato and mushroom spaghetti today.
How to make this pasta
1) Boil about 4 quarts of water and add 2 oz of thin spaghetti (about 1.75″). Check out WikiHow’s tutorial on how to measure spaghetti. Cook for about 8 minutes. Save 1/2 cup of the water and drain the rest. Set it aside
2) While the water is boiling, chop 12 campari tomatoes (firm) into 4 pieces each. Set aside
3) Take 5 cloves of garlic and slice them thinly. There is no such thing as too much garlic
4) The pasta should be in the water now, so, start the cooking the tomatoes. In a pan, add 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil and heat at medium heat
5) Add the garlic and let it brown
6) Add the tomatoes and let them cook for about 10 minutes or until all the liquid has dissipated
7) Add 3 roughly chopped basil leaves, 1/2 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of oregano, 2 tsp of sugar and 1 tsp of freshly squeezed lime juice
8) Add the spaghetti and pasta water and mix well
Serve the angel hair pomodoro immediately with cheesy garlic bread
A quick recipe with simple ingredients that you can pull out of your pantry are exactly what you are looking for!
How about a simple pasta recipe that takes less than 30 minutes to make?
A few more campari tomato recipes
Tomatoes and mozzarella cheese on a phyllo dough!
Beans, dried cranberries and navy beans brought together by parsley!
Campari tomatoes roasted in the oven and turned into a soul-warming soup!
Angel Hair Pomodoro
To Boil The Pasta
- 4 quarts water to boil the thin spaghetti
- 2 oz angel hair pasta about 1.75″ think
- 1 tsp salt for boiling the pasta
To Cook The Tomatoes
- 12 pieces Campari tomatoes Each tomato chopped into 4 pieces
- 5 cloves garlic finely diced
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 leaves basil
- 1/2 tsp salt for the tomatoes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp lime juice freshly squeezed
- Boil water and add the spaghetti
- Cook for about 8 minutes. Save 1/2 cup of the water and drain the rest. Set it aside
- In a pan, add extra virgin olive oil and heat at medium heat
- Add the garlic and let it brown
- Add the tomatoes and let them cook for about 10 minutes or until all the liquid has dissipated
- Add basil, salt, oregano, sugar and lime juice
- Add the spaghetti and pasta water and mix well
- Serve the angel hair pomodoro immediately