Don’t be surprised if this roasted sweet potato salsa gets consumed even before the coin toss is done.
That is what happened to me last weekend. I put these salsa and chips in front of hungry football fans and they ate it in matter of minutes.
Sweet and spicy is the perfect flavor combination for any game day recipe. The flavors are in tune with the emotions of the game. It has sweet moments of victory and spicy moments when the players make glaring mistakes.
Over the years, I have found ways to including sweet potato on game day menu snacks. I have served my potato rounds using sweet potato and they have turned out to be a huge hit.
Sweet potatoes are my favorite healthy veggies to serve on any occasion.
Roasted Sweet Potato Salsa
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Peel one sweet potatoes and cut them into tiny pieces. It should make about 1-2 cups of cubed sweet potatoes
2) In a bowl, add the potatoes, 1 tbsp of oil and 1/8 tsp of salt. Place the sweet potato in a baking tray and place in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft and browning on the top
3) While the sweet potatoes are roasting, collect the other ingredients. Add 1 cup of fire roasted sweet corn. I used the canned corn.
4) Add 1/4 cup of chopped red onions to the bowl
5) Add 1 Tbsp of chopped garlic to the bowl
6) Add 1 Tbsp of chopped serrano peppers
7) Once the sweet potatoes are done, let them cool for a few minutes and then add to the bowl
8) Add 1/2 tsp of salt to the bowl
9) Add 1/2 tsp of crushed black pepper. This is optional
10) Add 1/2 tsp of taco seasoning
11) Add 1/2 Tsp of freshly squeezed lime juice
12) Add 1/4 cup of chopped avocado
13) Mix well and set aside for about 2 hours. Serve these sweet potato salsa with chips or my homemade eggplant chips. It tastes great just by itself.