Disclaimer – This Tuscan Fettuccine Pasta is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Ronzoni® Pasta. The opinions and text are all mine. This Ronzoni pasta also contains eggs
Simple Tuscan Fettuccine pasta with butter beans and cherry tomatoes for a fun summer recipe
I found the perfect tomatoes….
….for the PERFECT pasta!
This made my day, my month and my year!
Look at this perfect plate!
Tips for making this Tuscan Fettuccine Pasta
- Make sure you use cherry tomatoes on the vine because they will make a huge difference. If you can’t find them, you can use regular cherry tomatoes
- This pasta is best when served immediately. It doesn’t retain its unique flavors when refrigerated
- Follow the instructions for cooking the fettuccine nests as outlined on their box. These instructions worked very well for me. I tried them as “al dente” and “tender”. Tender is my favorite
- Once you have opened the package, do not store any remainder in the box itself. Place them in an airtight and sealed pasta jar. This way, it will retain their freshness
- Keep the pasta jar in a cool, dry location and away from direct sunlight
About Ronzoni® Homestyle™ Pasta
- This Ronzoni Homestyle pasta is made with only 2 ingredients – semolina and eggs! I love seeing pasta that has no artificial ingredients in it.
- Its available in Fettuccine or Penne varieties. My favorite is the Fettuccine!
- The pasta is gently rolled then dried, which makes it soft and practically melt-in-your-mouth
- The fettuccine is molded into nests which makes them super easy to measure and cook
- BrandSpark awarded it the best new product of 2019 according to a brand survey conducted
- Publix is offering an awesome coupon for Ronzoni pasta.
From 5/11/19 - 5/24/19 save $1.00 on any one (1) Ronzoni® Thick & Hearty or Homestyle product at your local Publix.
What is Tuscan Cooking
Tuscan style cooking is when you cook ingredients in light sauces without any fuss. This style of cooking is often reserved for lighter meals with very few ingredients
I used only 5 major ingredients for cooking this light pasta recipe. I wanted to make a light, wholesome meal that is colorful, vibrant and delicious; just like the region it’s named after
When I think of Tuscany, I think of rolling hills, bright sun light and passionate people with a love of food; especially pasta.
So, I wanted to capture the essence of Tuscany from my home in Florida! The one thing we have in common is an abundance of sunlight. Instead of taming the light, I let it roam free and illuminate every ingredient in my pasta dish.
Doesn’t it look like you are sitting on a hill in Tuscany with plate of this pasta in hand?
Why I love this recipe
The pasta is the key to this recipe. I used Ronzoni’s Homestyle Pasta (made with eggs). To my very pleasant surprise, the pasta turned out very fluffy and tender. Best part is that it was ready in minutes.
This whole easy fettuccine pasta recipe takes about 20 minutes to make, at the end of which, you will have the perfect plate of pasta. Have you seen a more beautiful plate?
The other attractive feature of this Tuscan Fettuccine Pasta recipe are the cherry tomatoes
I found cherry tomatoes on the vine in my local Publix and I knew I had to get them immediately. I bought 2 packs of these beautiful tomatoes and ate one of them before I even got home! They were the most perfect tomatoes I have tasted since I came from NJ.
I urge you to look for them in your local Publix store or wherever you get your tomatoes from. They really make this recipe stand out.
Keep the vine branch intact while cooking it and when you serve it. Your guests will drool as you present the plate.
The perfect side dish for the Tuscan Fettuccine Pasta would be this cheesy garlic bread with Italian spices
Ronzoni® Thick and Hearty™ Pasta is an egg-less pasta that you can substitute for the Fettuccine Pasta. It’s thick cut with a bronze die which means it has added texture that fills every nook and cranny with sauce. More sauce= more flavor!
Just in case you don’t like the bright sunlit image style, here is an image of the dish away from direct sunlight 🙂
What’s your favorite pasta recipe to make?
If you like this easy Tuscan Fettuccine Pasta recipe, check out some of my other favorites
- Caserecce Pasta with Broccolini Rabe
- Vegan Orecchiette Pasta with Basil Pesto
- Gnocchi Pasta with Asparagus
Tuscan Fettuccine Pasta FAQs
No, I don’t recommend making this pasta ahead of time. This pasta is best served as soon as it is finished. The subtle flavors are lost upon refrigeration
After you put the pasta in boiling water, cook for 5 minutes if you want al dente texture, 6 minutes if you want firm texture or 7 minutes for tender. I like my pasta to be tender, so I cooked it for a little more than 7 minutes
Broccoli, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach, marinara sauce, a creamy sauce (not recommended for Tuscan style), any variety of olives, capers (I meant to top it with capers but I forgot 🙂 ), artichoke hearts, green beans and any ingredient you think might be perfect with pasta. The sky’s the limit
Sure, if you want to cook your own dry butter beans instead of using canned ones, you can do that. To cook the butter beans, place 1/4 cup of dry butter beans in 2 quarts of boiling water. Let them cook for about an hour and check that they mush easily.
The pasta is perfect for date night, Memorial Day parties or on busy weeknights. The beauty of this easy Tuscan Fettuccine Pasta is that it will be perfect for all occasions.
Ronzoni has made it very easy to measure the pasta. They give 4 nests per package. I like to refer to them as 4 sleeves because they look a lot like sleeves, don’t they? I found that one person can eat one nest or one sleeve easily. Ronzoni has a very handy chart on the side of the box that you can refer to. I LOVE when companies make cooking pasta so easy
Time needed: 20 minutes.
Quick Tuscan Fettuccine Pasta with Butter Beans and Cherry Tomatoes
- Prepare the pasta first
In a saucepan, add 1 quart of water and 1/2 tsp of salt
- Boil Water
Set the heat to high and then bring the water to a boil
- Add the 1 Nest
Add 1 nest of the pasta
- Cook Pasta
Cook until tender 7-9 min
- Drain Pasta
Drain the pasta water and set aside
- Prepare the beans and tomatoes
While the pasta is cooking, prepare the rest of the recipe
- In a saucepan, add 2 tbsp of vegan butter
Keep the heat at very low
- Add the Garlic
Add 3 cloves of thinly sliced garlic (sliced lengthwise)
- Cook the Cherry Tomatoes First
Add 1 branch of cherry tomatoes on the vine (or about 8 cherry tomatoes)
- Roast the Cherry tomatoes
Keep the cherry tomatoes in one spot and just keep pouring the melted butter and garlic on them
- Drizzle with warm butter
Once the cherry tomato skin has started to wrinkle (about 6-8 minutes), remove them and place them on the plate
- Add the Butter Beans
In the remaining butter, add 1/4 cup of butter beans (from a can)
- Brown the Butter Beans
Brown the Butter beans on both sides (about 3-4 minutes)
- Add the cooked Fettuccine Pasta
When the butter beans have browned on both sides, add the cooked pasta
- Season it
Add 1/2 tsp of salt (optional) and 1/2 tsp of crushed black pepper
- Mix the Ingredients
Gently mix the ingredients
- Plate the pasta
Plate pasta and place the cherry tomatoes on the side
Garnish with fresh basil
- Serve while hot
Tuscan Fettuccine Pasta
For the Pasta
- Water to boil pasta
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 nest Tuscan Fettuccine Pasta
Prepare The Pasta
- In a saucepan, add 1 quart of water
- Add 1/2 tsp of salt
- Set the heat to high and then bring the water to a boil
- Add 1 nest of the pasta
- Cook until tender 7-9 min
- Drain the pasta water and set aside
Prepare the beans and tomatoes
- In a saucepan, add 2 tbsp of butter
- Keep the heat at very low
- Add 3 cloves of thinly sliced garlic (sliced lengthwise)
- Add 1 branch of cherry tomatoes on the vine (or about 8 cherry tomatoes)
- Keep the cherry tomatoes in one spot and just keep pouring the melted butter and garlic on them
- Once the cherry tomato skin has started to wrinkle (about 6-8 minutes), remove them and place them on the plate
- In the remaining butter, add 1/4 cup of butter beans (from a can)
- When the butter beans have browned on both sides, add the cooked pasta
- Add 1/2 tsp of salt (optional) and 1/2 tsp of crushed black pepper
- Gently mix the ingredients
- You can mix in the tomatoes or set them on the side of the pasta when you plate them
- Garnish with fresh basil
- Serve immediately