A simple vegan mashed sweet potatoes made with hazelnut milk, cranberries and oregano. Topped with pomegranate for an added crunch. Its the perfect vegan Thanksgiving side because it only takes 17 minutes to make
Its that time of the year when you will make different types of mashed potatoes to accommodate each person who attends your Thanksgiving dinner.
So, what kind of guest likes the mashed sweet potato?
In my experience, the health conscious and low carb eaters are always looking for mashed sweet potatoes.
These mashed potatoes are so easy to make. I just peel them and put them in the pressure cooker. I have the (affiliate link) Bestek pressure cooker, so, I choose the soup option which is 13 minutes. Once its done, I just mash the potatoes with a potato masher and serve!
I used homemade cranberries in this recipe. Adding cranberry sauce before the pressure cooking process gives it a nice sweetness and tartness without having to add additional sugars.
I have so many more pressure cooker recipes that are delicious and quick. Click here to see more pressure cooker recipes.
This recipe is part of my 3 ways to make vegan mashed potatoes in a pressure cooker. Check out my Classic Vegan Mashed Potatoes and my Mediterranean mashed potato recipe.
Quick tips for cooking with a pressure cooker
1) Always put the pressure gauge to “sealed” before starting the cooking process.
2) Make sure that the lid is closed tightly before starting the cooking process
3) When using an electric masher to mash the potatoes, UNPLUG the pressure cooker before using the hand blender
4) When the cooking process is done, move the pressure gauge to release position. Stand away from the gauge when you release the steam
5) Never leave the pressure cooker unattended when on and always keep children away from it.
So, what’s your favorite way to make sweet potatoes?
Vegan Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Sweet Potatoes medium sized and Peeled
- 1.5 cup Hazelnut Milk or Almond milk
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- 1/4 cup Cranberry Sauce
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Oregano Optional
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate Seeds Optional
- Place the sweet potatoes in the inner container of the pressure cooker
- Add all the remaining ingredients
- Closed the pressure cooker lid and put the pressure valve to sealed
- Cook for 13 minutes (I used the soup option on my Bestek pressure cooker)
- Once done, release the pressure valve and wait for the steam to escape
- Open the lid and mash the potatoes
- Transfer to serving bowl and top with pomegranate, if using
- Serve immediately