Quick and easy game day vegetarian chili recipe made with 3 types of beans. Can be put in a slow cooker or made stove top. This meatless chili is delicious!
Loaded with black beans, cannellini beans and pinto beans, this vegetarian chili is made to hit the spot!
Top it with melted cheese + red onions and you have a comfort food meal like nothing you have ever tasted.
Is there a better comfort food than chili? From the moment that first spoonful touches the tongue to the last lick of the bowl, every morsel soothes the soul. I like having chili any time of the year, especially on cold winter days.
Recently, I was at a game day party that served slow cooked chili and I was amazed at how everyone just ate it up as they yelled at the TV.
It was a good source of comfort after our team lost, so, I thought I would make a vegetarian version for my game day party.
If you like a meaty taste in your chili, try adding beets to it like I did in my beet chili. Beets have a very dense texture, so, they make for a hearty ingredient
This is a very comforting chili recipe that is perfect not only for game days, but, also on cold winter nights
There is garlic, ginger, mushrooms and tomatoes in this recipe. It will make you wish that everyday was game day!
I made this stove top, but, I think it would have been just as great in a slow cooker. Why spend the day cooking, when you could be enjoying quality time with family and guests?
Let the slow cooker do the work for you. One more hack for you to consider: Serve this chili in taco shells so that you don’t have to wash dishes or spoons!
What is your favorite ingredient in a vegetarian chili recipe?
Vegetarian Chili Recipe
Vegetarian Chili Recipe With 3 Beans
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 2 tsp garlic finely chopped
- 2 tsp ginger finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onions finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 cup mushrooms finely chopped
- 1 cup red beans
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup cannellini beans
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp Enchilada Sauce (Mild Flavored)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetarian refried beans
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 Jalapeno finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Taco seasoning (hot and spicy)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil for 30seconds in a medium pan
- Add 1 tsp of cumin seed and cook for 30-45 seconds until brown
- Add garlic and ginger (Fresh is better0
- Add red onions and let them caramelize (about 5 minutes)
- Add red pepper and mushrooms. Saute until the pepper is soft
- Add the 3 beans, enchilada sauce and water
- Gently add vegetarian refried beans and mix well
- Add salt, cayenne pepper, jalapeno and Taco seasoning.
- Mix well and turn the heat to low
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally
- When the water has mostly evaporated, it will have a thickened consistency. This is the perfect time to take it of the heat