Buttered Radishes are the perfect snack recipe for any day of the week. Using basil infused vegan butter, these radishes can be used as salad toppings or eaten right out the baking tray! (Version 2)
Do you love radishes as much as I do?
Of course you do!
I have been obsessed with these radishes for a long time. I have used them to top my Collard Greens Stew and put them inside zucchini rolls!
They are packed with so much nutrition and they have so many holistic properties. Their strong flavor makes them just right to be a side dish.
Baking them in the oven makes them juicy and tender. It also takes away some of that strong flavor. The best part for me was that I was able to use my basil infused vegan butter in this recipe.
Do you know how delicious basil and radishes taste? It is like a little bit of heavenly flavor in your mouth. The basil flavor lingers for a while which makes them so delicious.
I put these buttered radishes into a zucchini roll and it was delicious.
What’s your favorite way to eat radishes?
Did you do a double take?
Occasionally, I will revisit previous recipes and do a makeover on them. You probably came to this page based on this photo. The Buttered radishes are made with Asian flavors. However, I decided to re-vamp the recipe and bring you the new version you see above. I think you will like it.
How to make Buttered Radishes
Vegan Buttered Radishes
- 2 cups radishes sliced lengthwise
- 2 tsp of Earth Balance Butter
- 5 leaves Fresh Basil
- 1 tsp Fresh Rosemary optional
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients. The radishes were cut lengthwise and I cut about 3 pieces of each radish
- Spread them out on a baking tray
- Bake them in the oven for about 15 minutes or until they are slightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.