This Vegetarian Spinach Artichoke Dip is a Great Way to Impress Your Guests. Its the Perfect Game Day Recipe for Dipping Chips or Bread.
Nothing beats a looonnng stretchy cheese when you dip into it.
Every time there is a game day weekend, I am rummaging through my pantry trying to find salsa or some kind of a dip for the hungry guests that are showing up for a game.
This time, I thought I had enough of store bought dips and I should make my own.
Something warm, filled with veggies and topped with crusted cheese was exactly what I wanted!
I put spinach, artichoke and cheese into a skillet and off it went into the oven!
What came out of the oven was a ooey, gooey, melty, yummy goodness that had the aroma of heaven!
No one can resist the combination of artichokes, spinach and cheese! It just tastes delicious and puts everyone in an instant good mood.
Its probably a good effect because who wants to be sad when their team looses, right?
If you are looking for a simple salsa recipe, try this apple salsa verde
What is your favorite veggie dip to make for game day?
Spinach Artichoke Dip
Spinach Artichoke Dip (Vegetarian)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Completely squeeze out all the moisture from the spinach
- Chop the artichoke hearts to smaller pieces
- In a medium pan, add the oil and heat on high
- Add the chopped red onions
- Let the onions caramelize for a few minutes
- Add 2 cubes of Dorot Crushed Garlic
- Add the chopped artichoke and let them caramelize for about 15 minutes
- Add the thawed spinach
- Add 2 cubes of Dorot Chopped Basil and mix well
- Add Milk, salt and lime juice
- Set the heat to medium and let it simmer for about 15 minutes
- Transfer HALF of these mixture into a small cast iron
- Add 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese then top with the remaining mixture
- Top it with 3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella
- Place it in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the top turns brown
- Remove and serve
- If you use canned artichoke, skip the salt and lime juice in this recipe.